Want to go on a multi-day Bucket List bike ride, but don’t know where to start? Great Canadian Trails offers a self-guided Prince Edward Island by Bike itinerary that takes care of all the equipment, planning and logistics. This 7-day itinerary starts and ends in Charlottetown, exploring the Gentle Island’s forests, rivers, farmland and quaint maritime towns. They have taken highlights of abandoned rail trail and combined them with other must-visit areas inland and along the north shore, including rolling rural back roads, the stunning Gulf Shore Ways, and through the heart of Green Gables. You will also have the opportunity to visit the main tourist sights as well as plenty of local gems recommended by islanders themselves. Click here to learn more about this Great Canadian Bucket List experience.
Great Canadian Trails also offer a second PEI biking itinerary, with longer days and more time on the bike. You start at the west ‘tip’ (North Cape) and end at the east ‘tip’ (East Point), peddling along the south and north coasts as well. Learn more about the Tip to Tip and Beyond here.
For more information about the itinerary and cost, visit Great Canadian Trails
The PEI by Bike itinerary includes:
- 5 breakfasts and 2 dinners
- 6 nights accommodation on a twin share basis with ensuite facilities
- 21-speed hybrid bicycle including helmet, panniers, bike lock, basic repair kit, and bicycle insurance
- Luggage transfer (1 piece per person)
- Information pack including route notes and maps
- Emergency hotline
- Transfers as indicated in the itinerary
- $100 donation to the Trans Canada Trail
Space is very limited. For more information, fill out the form below, or call 1-800-567-2216. Don’t forget to mention The Great Canadian Bucket List!