The Niagara Peninsula is nestled between two of the Great Lakes and the Niagara River and offers unique cycling opportunities along their shores. The renowned Waterfront Trail and the Friendship Trail are two of the off road trails you will experience, including an exploration of the historic Welland Canals which connect the Great Lakes to the St. Lawrence Seaway. But our ride also takes you along picturesque country roads with fruit plantations and vineyards. With its distinct microclimate and fertile soils, it’s not surprising that the Niagara Peninsula is the largest area of viticulture in Canada. On your cycling adventure, you will have the opportunity to visit award-winning wineries and taste a variety of icewines. In addition to the lovely scenery and gastronomic delights, you will cycle through history with opportunities to visit Fort George and Fort Erie which is the location of Canada’s bloodiest battle. A visit to this region would not be complete without visiting the most famous waterfall in North America; Niagara Falls.
For more information about the itinerary and cost, visit Great Canadian Trails
The Niagara Wines and Waterfront Trail by Bike itinerary includes:
- 6 breakfasts
- 6 nights in B&Bs, generally with private facilities in double occupancy
- Information pack including route notes maps (1 set per room)
- GPX tracks and voice navigation technology for GPS devices or smartphones
- Luggage transfers (1 piece per person)
- 21-speed hybrid bicycle rental, including 2 panniers, bike lock, basic repair kit, and bicycle insurance
- Emergency hotline
- C$50 per person donation to the Trans Canada Trail
Running May to October, the cost starts at CAN$1350 per person with single supplements available. For more information, fill out the form below, or call 1-800-567-2216. Don’t forget to mention The Great Canadian Bucket List!